The 2022 Hyundai Kona N is the latest entry into Hyundai’s high-performance N, and it’s set to make a stunning debut. Based on the popular subcompact Kona crossover, the Kona N offers sharper handling, stiffer suspension, and more power than you may know what to do with. Here’s a look at everything we know so far.
Power and Performance
Although we don’t know everything about the upcoming 2022 Hyundai Kona N, we do know a lot about its powertrain. In fact, it’s one of the most thrilling things about the upcoming Kona N.
This small crossover is aggressively fast and, if you’re in the mood for even more speed, all you have to do is hit the red button on the steering wheel for a 20-second burst of all-out power. The Kona N comes with a wide range of high-performance features — including launch control, sharp cornering technology, and powerful brakes.
- 2.0L turbo GDI four-cylinder engine (280 hp, 289 lb-ft)
- Eight-speed Wet DCT with rev-matching and paddle shifters
- Front-wheel drive
- N Custom Drive Modes
- Launch control
- N-Corner Carving Differential (eLSD)
- Active Sport Exhaust System
- Electronically Controlled Suspension
- High-performance 14.2-inch front brake rotors
- Bespoke rack-mounted electric power steering with a quick steering ratio
You can’t miss the 2022 Kona N, which is the embodiment of speed with its N-Tuned design elements and high-performance flourishes. These include a sleek black grille, hood cooling vents, healthy air intakes, and low-profile tires. The Kona N’s red exterior trim adds even more magnetism.
- N Design 19-inch alloy wheels
- Pirelli P-Zero tires
- N Design Black grille with N Badge
- Red accents
- Large brake-cooling vents
- Sonic Blue
- Lunar White
- Phantom Black
- Racing Red
With its microsuede-trimmed seats and the N line’s signature Performance Blue trim, the 2022 Hyundai Kona N cabin beckons you in. The all-black interior adds a James Bond vibe to your daily intrigues. Based on the regular Kona model, we expect the high-performance N version to be roomy and comfortable, with plenty of space for friends, family, and weekend bags.
- N Logo leather-wrapped steering wheel with paddle shifters and N Mode switches
- N Logo leather-wrapped with blue accent stitching
- Race-inspired N Design Sport Seats (leather-bolstered with sueded microfiber)
Infotainment and Tech Features
We expect the upcoming Kona N to come fully loaded with Hyundai’s tech and infotainment features. We already know that this sporty crossover will include a 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster and a dash-mounted head-up display to relay important performance data. The 10.25-inch infotainment touch screen also helps you keep track of racing data for up to five separate drivers.
- 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster
- 10.25-inch touch-screen navigation
- Wireless device charging
- 8-speaker Harman Kardon premium audio system
Safety and Security
The Kona N will come standard with a long list of driver safety aids, though we don’t know all the details at the moment. However, you can expect blind-spot monitoring and lane-keeping technology. We also know that this high-performance SUV will feature Hyundai Digital Key, technology that lets you use your compatible Android device in lieu of a key.
- Lane-keeping assist
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Automatic high beams
- Adaptive cruise control
- Hyundai Digital Key
What Comes Next for the Kona N?
When it comes to the exciting Kona N, we’re still waiting on the official spec sheet from Hyundai. As soon as we know everything there is to know about this high-performance SUV, you will too.
Hyundai has one of the longest-lived warranties in the industry. The upcoming Kona N features the same coverage as other Hyundai models, guaranteeing peace of mind for up to a decade.
- New Vehicle Limited: 5 years/60,000 miles
- Powertrain Limited: 10 years/100,000 miles
- Anti-Perforation: 7 years/unlimited miles
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance: 5 years/unlimited miles