Power and Performance
The Tahoe has long been known for its sturdy V8 performance, and this new model is no exception. The standard 5.3-liter V8 provides plenty of around-town heft, making it easy to transport big groups of people and all of their stuff. For a little extra speed, look to the optional 6.2-liter V8 engine, which you’ll find on the upscale High Country trim model.
For 2021, a peppy turbodiesel engine joins the Tahoe’s classic V8 engine lineup. This all-new diesel option has less horsepower than its V8 counterparts, but it’s big on torque. Ultimately, it combines major heft with the line’s best EPA ratings (see below). The diesel engine will be available late in the model year and optional for all but the sporty Z71 trim model.
- Standard 5.3L V8 (355 horsepower, 383 lb.-ft. of torque)
- Optional 6.2L V8 (420 hp, 460 lb.-ft.)
- Optional turbocharged 3.0L inline-6 diesel engine (277 hp, 460 lb.-ft.)
- 10-speed automatic transmission
- Standard rear-wheel drive
- Optional four-wheel drive
- Cruise control
- Hill start assist
- StabiliTrak electronic stability and traction control
- Independent rear suspension