The all-new 2022 Ford Maverick is the baby of the Ford pickup family and it features a unibody design and a standard hybrid powertrain. Smaller than the Ford Ranger, it is still capable for most pickup truck buyers.
The 2022 Ford Maverick has the choice of three capable, efficient and versatile trims plus, a First Edition trim for this model year only.
Trims and starting price:
- XL trim - $21,490
- XLT trim - $23,775
- Lariat trim - $26,985
- Lariat First Edition – estimated $35,000
The 2022 Ford Maverick will give you the best of both worlds – compact on the outside, but still big enough on the inside to seat five and store the stuff you need. A 4.5-foot bed, multi-position tailgate, and available smart storage solutions will support all your big projects. There is ample leg room for front and rear passengers with its unibody design and by minimizing the center front console. A mix between robust, tough-looking surfaces in high traffic areas and hard, hollow plastic, where they should be, helps keep Maverick’s price lower.
- Crew cabs on all Mavericks
- Manually adjustable cloth seats
- Full-sized doors
- Colors accents on handles/vents/charging pads
- Roomy interior
- Many specific standard storage cubbies and bins throughout the cabin, including under rear seat
- Tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel with audio controls
- Adjustable lumbar support for the front seats.
XLT and Lariat trims:
- Ambient interior lighting
- Power front seats
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Faux-leather seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated seats
First Edition trim:
- Exclusive colors – Carbonized Gray, Area 41, or Rapid Red
- Exclusive graphics
- Black roof
- Tonneau cover
- Exclusive 18-inch black wheels
- Distinct hood
- Lower-door graphics and a gloss black mirror
You’ll be able to stay in touch, work from anywhere, and play your playlist with Ford’s latest technology.
- 8-inch center screen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
- 4G LTE in-vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot powered by FordPass Connect and AT&T
- Two USB ports
- Six-speaker stereo
- Eight-speaker B&O sound system
- Ford’s Sync 3 system with 8-inch touchscreen
- Integrated navigation system
- 110-volt AC outlet
- Bed lighting
- Upgraded driver information display – Lariat
- Two rear-seat USB ports – Lariat
- Dual-zone automatic climate control - Lariat
*Luxury packages on the XLT and Lariat trims include wireless smartphone charging and an upgraded eight-speaker stereo.
This small, boxy, compact Maverick features a unibody design and a friendly appearance.
Base XL trim:
- Black grill
- 17-inch steel wheels
- LED headlights
- Six tie-down points in the bed
XLT and Lariat trim:
- Gray trim
- 17- or 18-inch alloy wheels in silver or black
- Black exterior accents on the grille, door handles, and side mirrors
- Power-locking tailgate
- Spray-in bedliner – Luxury package
- 10 tie-down spots
- Wiper-activated headlamps
- Power-sliding rear window
*Flexbed capability extends the load floor to six feet
Ford has a shorter list of standard driver safety aids, but offers an extensive list of optional driver aids.
- Forward collision mitigation – warns you of an impending collision
- Adaptive cruise control – maintains a driver-set distance from the car in front
- Blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert – warns you if a vehicle is in your blind spot
- Evasive steering assist – enhances the forward-collision mitigation system with steering-based collision avoidance
- Lane departure warning – alerts you if the vehicle begins to drift out of its lane
- Lane keeping assist – steers the Maverick back into its lane if it begins to drift over the lane
- Lane centering – makes minor steering corrections to help keep the vehicle centered in its lane
- Rear parking sensors – alerts you to obstacles that may not be visible
- Cruise control
Standard front-wheel drive and impressive maneuverability make it easy getting around the city or getting away from it.
An FX4 package is also available on the top two trims and adds all-terrain tires, different suspension tuning, skid plates, two additional drive modes (Mud/Rut and Sand), and hill descent control.
- 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine paired with an electric motor
- 191 horsepower and 155 lb-ft of torque
- Continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT)
- Front-wheel drive
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine (non-hybrid, regular engine)
- 250 horsepower and 277 lb-ft of torque
- Eight speed automatic transmission
- Front- or all-wheel drive
- Hybrid models will tow up to 2000 pounds
- Turbo 2.0-liter is rated at 4000 pounds
- 1,500-lb standard payload
- Estimated 40/33 mpg city/highway
*You can travel 500 miles on a single tank
The all-new 2022 Ford Maverick compact pickup truck will meet all of your expectations. With a roomy interior and the latest technology, it comes standard as a full hybrid pickup at an affordable price tag.